If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Thursday

Deeken Is TWO!

Deeken's birth was amazing! It is my favorite of all my birth's. It was 11 o'clock at night, the hospital was so quiet. I only had to push a few times, and he was here. It was awesome and amazing, and he was beautiful. My doctor, Drea Olmstead was awesome. She always prays with her patient's after. We thought it might be a little weird, but it was awesome. She understands that in our religion it is usually the male who leads these kind of things, so she asked John if he wanted to pray, and John told her to go ahead. She was sweet, and humble. It was amazing! I love these pictures of the kids above. Especially the one just above. It is so a "Welcome to the family" picture. They loved him immediately and obviously got jealous when they couldn't be the one holding him. He was a Great baby and is such a wonderful BIG Boy now.
If you don't know Deeken personally, you are missing out on one of thee most adorable, awesome, amazing kids in the whole world. He has more facial expressions than anyone I have ever met. He is a very expressive kid. Emotion seeps from every facet of his body. When he gets excited, every muscle in his body tightens and shows his excitement. When he laughs his whole body shakes, and when he is sad he is like a weeping willow. He makes my day, when he states the obvious. He will point to you, "SAD," or "HAPPY," depending on your emotion. His sentences are very choppy and yet poignant. He makes everyone smile when he talks, when he laughs, when he is just in the room.

I love you Deeken!

Happy 2nd Birthday Slim!

One last thing Deeken is a great brother, especially big brother. He is wonder with Josie, and I am so thankful for that. Josie is 7 weeks old today.

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Deeken!!!! You are such a cute boy and we hope you had a great day.

Melanie said...

Deeken is one of my most favorite kids ever. He is just so flippen' adorable.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Deeken! I hope it was wonderful!

Brett and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Deeken! I am so excited for you guys to move back so I can get to be friends with him like I was with Noah back in the day. Plus I am excited to have him and Kennedy play together.

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday! I remember being so jealous when you were born and Claire wasn't here yet. Just think in less than a year you guys can become best buds. Love all you guys.

the splendid life of us... said...

Happy Birthday Deeken!

I remember when you were born and I got to hold you when you were not even an hour old! You were the cutest little thing and still are! I am glad that you are such a good big brother!

Mitchell Family said...

so sweet. happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Deeken!!!! I'm sorry for the delay. I hope you had a great cake and presents. You are sooooo big and cute, (handsome) and we love you very much. Take care and play lots. Love, The St. Louis Hydes

Grandma H said...

Way to go DeeKen
Thats my guy
Grandpa Hyde