If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Wednesday

Things I didn't know this time last week...

  • I didn't know that I wouldn't get to use my Gap Friends and Family pass.
  • I didn't know how lucky I would be to have a friend's husband lose his job so she could come and watch my kids while I went to the hospital.
  • I didn't know that I wouldn't have finished "Breaking Dawn" by now.
  • I didn't know my mom(who irons everything before she packs), could get an airplane ticket, pack, leave my two visiting brothers and their families, and get to me in six hours.
  • I didn't know how un-important it would be to pee in a bucket for twenty four hours.
  • I didn't know how un-enjoyable it is to have your water break.
  • I didn't know how lucky I was to have a friend willing to pick my mom up from the airport, and then watch my kids.
  • I didn't know how sweet Deeken would be to his new baby sister.
  • I didn't know I could dislike some NICU doctors, or delivery nurses so much.
  • I didn't know that I would ever feel the full pain of being completely dialated (ouch!)
  • I didn't know that my eyes could get so swollen that I could hardly see out of them.(Magnesium sucks)
  • I didn't know how cute it would be to see Micah finally feed her little sister a bottle. (she has been wanting to for months)
  • I didn't know that another woman(NICU Nurse) would get to see my baby girl more than I would in the first five days of her life.
  • I didn't know that getting up to pee every three hours, is not as hard as setting an alarm to wake up ever three hours and feed for an hour.
  • I didn't know how scary it is to decide to bring a baby home from the NICU.
  • I didn't know how easy having three kids was.
  • I didn't know how many blessings I would count today.
  • I didn't know the meaning of completely exhausted....NOW I KNOW!

13 comments:

The Andersons said...

Think bringing one baby home from the NICU is exhausting - bring two next time! I'm glad to see you have recovered enough to post on your blog - its a good sign! Josie is beautiful. Umm why are your walls purple???

Zanzi & Buzz said...

Oh my goodness she is so incredibly small. You didn't mention that the other day! :) I wish we were there so the kiddies could come over and play. Many love and prayers to you.

Jill said...

Amy, you guys are so lucky to have 4 beautiful children. I'm glad you are all home now. I'm glad to hear that Deeken finally gets to be with Josie too (it made me really sad to hear he couldn't see her in the NICU). I love all the pictures and can't wait to see more as your busy schedule allows.

Sonja said...

Thank you for the adorable pictures! I'm glad that you are all home together now. I can't imagine what it must have been like having to leave her at the hospital. I'm glad Deeken has gotten to see and hold her too (being a sibling of a NICU baby can be hard sometimes!), and I'm also glad that he is being a sweetie. Ian is adjusting to life as a big bro as well...one of his favorite things to do is hold her...oh, and to say that she's crying. :) I have some preemie clothes of Audrey's I wish I could get to you...but I think by the time I get your address and get them sent, she'll have outgrown them! Well, take care and try to get some rest!

Hilary said...

Amazing!! Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful. You look great as well.

Ben & Carly said...

Amy
Congratulations, she is beautiful..I'm so glad you are both home and doing well. There is nothing like having a newborn straight from heaven in your home. just know a friend in Vegas is thinking about you!

cragun family said...

What a great post. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Another thing that you didn't know was that your father would miss you all very much.
I can't wait till I get to see and hold Josie.
Dad Hyde

Ellie said...

Amy, I love you! I hope everything is going well! I wish I got to see you more!

KevDebKlan said...

Sound like you are adjusting just fine to all the Unknowns! Miss you guys and can't wait to meet her. Love you more.

The Wright Family said...

I hope you get some rest and that you have some energy to really enjoy Josie.

Anonymous said...

Amy I thank the OHF that you are doing better and that the baby is home with you all. She is very beautiful. We are back home and we look forward to seeing your beautiful kids' pics. May OHF continue to bless your family. Lots of love, Haydee

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

I just found your blog and have been catching up to the birth of Josie. I am not sure the complications, but it is really nice to relate to your birth/NICU experience. I am guessing she was about 6-7 weeks early just like Caribou?

I really hope so much for you and your family! It's nice to know we can always read the events of our lives, no matter where people are these days!