If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Wednesday

PRE -Happy THANKSGIVING!!

Our LOVELY Gratitude tree. Doesn't quite compare to yours Carly, but it works. I will work on presentation for next year.

It is the day before Thanksgiving, and today I am definitely counting my blessings. John was on his way home last night, driving very slow mind you, it was during a lull in the storm. He just started sliding, and couldn't do anything to correct. He eventually did a 180 and ran into the freeway barrier. He is fine and safe and no one else was involved. Which is a miracle in and of itself. In fact, he didn't even get out of his car, he just started it up did a U-ey and drove home. His back right bumper was dragging the whole time. Only real damage done was to John's pride. We went to see what an estimate to fix the body damage would be, and it is barely less than what the car costs. So yes, the car has damage but only to the body. John's pride? Well, he gets the privilege of driving that now "white trash car" into the ground. Which he was going to do before, it just didn't have as much...."character" before. I couldn't care less about the car, just so glad he was safe.

It has snowed, and my kids love playing in it!
yummy!
My beautiful ice princess.
It was bound to happen!
Reminds me of some fun pics a few years ago, but they weren't quite so messy. Looking at those pics makes me realize how fast my kids are growing. I am so thankful that for the most part they are healthy and happy. Love them so much! I count them among my most prized BLESSINGS!
and this guy too!
Hope you all have a wonderful THANKS-giving!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I love those gratitude trees. They are a very smart idea.
Micah looks very grown up in the picture on the side bar, where she is wearing black top. Beautiful girl, beautiful children. Love, haydee.

TyandMar said...

So glad John is ok. That is scary. That's the one reason why I hate snow--driving in it. I've had two experiences where I've done both a 360 and a 720. I obviously survived both but I have been made into the most terrible back seat driver because of it. (My poor husband)

The Andersons said...

I think John was working on driving the car into the ground when he took it for a spin!

Ben & Carly said...

I love the tree, well done! I'm glad you are all safe and happy...that is scary. Your children are as beautiful as ever!!!

Jill said...

Love your new header, you are always so creative!!! (the black background on the blog isn't allowing us to read the text of your posts). Hoping you are coming in January, let me know if you are so we can plan to get together for lunch or dinner or something. If not I will be in Utah in March (for 2 weeks). Merry Christmas!!!