Well, we forgot to take it out of the car. I saw it a couple of times but figured I had enough to carry inside already. Well, one day while Deeken was waiting for me in the car, he decided to open the nice big container and get a taste. Then shut the lid again...not tightly. Where did I get the detail? Micah. Did she mention it to us? Nope. Thus when John was driving the van later, and heard the honey tip over, he had no idea that it might cause a problem. When he made it home, and Micah un-buckled, she said,"Ummm, Dad the honey spilled all over." At this point Deeken should know that he is VERY lucky that it was his daddy who was in the car, and not his mommy. How much spilled out do you ask. ALL OF IT!!!
John had the frame of mind to drive back down to the bottom of the driveway and put the car at an angle, so that the honey would oooze out of the car. What do you clean honey out of a car with? Well, John got a long wooden spoon to help scoop it out. But once you have the honey on the spoon where do you put it. You ever tried to fling honey off of a spoon? So then John got hot water to melt the honey off the spoon. Oh it was a mess. My answer to this mess...LETS SELL THE VAN!!!
For the rest of the holidays we had a very nice SEAL to out drivers side doors. I practically could have pulled my arm out of the socket to get it open. We went and washed our car with a high power sprayer and were able to get rid of the rest of it. I hope! At least the door opens easier now.
Do I have any advice for those who might come across the same thing? TAKE THE HONEY OUT OF YOUR CAR AS SOON AS YOU GET IT!




9 comments:
oh yuck Amy I'm so sorry, that made me tired just thinking about that mess. I would say "sell the van" too, some accidents are just easier to get rid of then clean up! what a "sweet" memory!
Oh what a naughty little man that Deeken is. In his defense, I couldn't have resisted a huge jar of honey either! :)
Oh, man! What a huge pain!!! Glad you got it out though.
Oh Amy, I can't imagine a worse mess. I would be for selling the car too. I am glad you got it cleaned up.
Oh Amy, I can't imagine a worse mess. I would be for selling the car too. I am glad you got it cleaned up.
haha Even though I'd heard the story before, it was still just as funny a 2nd time. Thanks
(Now my kids will do something even worse than honey to get me back for this comment, I have no idea what's worse, but will let you know)
oh No. That totally sucks. Deeken...little stinker. What did you do to the little man?
I would have lost it!! Good job, Jon, for keeping your cool and getting the big wooden spoon. Patience!!
I hope the NEW container of honey is safe in the basement! Glad you get home safe in the snowstorm in your SWEET van. Wonder what Deekenneth will try next??? At least he's a good breakfast eater - great redeeming quality!
Post a Comment