If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Sunday

It was a VERY Merry CHRISTmas!

It was such a new experience for our family to be in our own home on Christmas morning. Even though we have lived away from "HOME" for 5 years, we have always managed to make it home for Christmas. You can only imagine how we did not miss packing up all the presents to take them there, only to pack them up a few days later and bring them home. It was glorious! But if I were being honest, it didn't quite feel the same not being at my parents home. I have only spent one Christmas not in there home and that was when they were on a mission for our church. But if I wasn't going to spend Christmas in my parents home, there is no other place I would want it to be then in our own home...with my parents there. It was a lovely Christmas morning, but it is lucky my parents showed up or we might not have gotten up. My kids were so hyped up the night before, they zonked the next morning. But once they were awake, they could not be contained for long.

Noah's wish list

1. Rip stick

2. DS game

3. Clue board game

Micah wish list

1. Nintendo DS

2. MP3 player

3. 3 musketeers singing barbie

Deeken wish list

1. Stuffed Santa Clause

2. Batman and Joker set(?)

Josie's wish

1. To stay in bed

They were pretty good kids this year, so they got a lot of what they wanted and probably some not so wanted things too. Let's face it, they were spoiled. They loved it, and we loved watching them open it, but I hope to turn it down a little bit next year. It's hard when your kids are opening a bunch of presents, to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I felt like we did a great job focusing on it right up until that morning. We said a prayer, and thanked our Father for thee best Present of all, His son. After that, it seems to get lost in the unwrapping moments. How can I change that... well at least I have a whole year to think about it.
HIGHLIGHTS!
  • Talking about Christ and His Birth everyday for a whole month
  • Noah learning Jolly Old St. Nicolas on the Piano
  • Micah learning a Hymn on the guitar
  • Josie saying "WOW" everytime she opened a present. (It was adorable)
  • Watching my parents cry when they opened a picture of my whole family. (We haven't all been together in 6 years...I'll explain later)
  • Getting a HOME for Christmas...and Valentines, and my Birthday, and my anniversary...you get the point. It was all I wanted.
  • Getting two beautiful mini quilts for my daughters room to go on their wall...they were made by my wonderful mother.
  • Being done with too many projects to name!!!

    It was a wonderful CHRISTmas!

    PS we did see my wonderful in-laws on the 26th at their Christmas party, but I was in no mood to take picture. If you want to know the details, ask John. On second thought, don't ask,...don't ask, don't question, when your wife has told you she has planned an over nighter for the two of you for your 30th birthday, just go. Oh nevermind, please don't ask!

3 comments:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

I love you...thanks for the Christmas peek. When you get a sec ck out my blog for my thank you to you.

Natty said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. Family is the best! I have to tell you, you were the first patient Chris saw after he found out we were having twins. He said that you probably think he is a big flake because he was so shocked he couldn't focus on anything...yeah, we were dumb and I went to my appt alone! Thanks for your nice comment. You are a great example of grace in motherhood!

Sara said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love looking at your blog, it seems to always inspire me to be a better person! Thank you for being a great example to me.