If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Thursday

Baby Talk

Talking with Jo this morning

me: Jo, should mommy have any more babies?

Jo: Yes!

Me: How many?

Jo: 2

Me: Are they boys or girls?

Jo: Boys

Me: What are their names?

Jo: Daddy and Noah

Me: Hmmmm

I text John. Tell him the news. Any impressions? I ask. He texts back. NOT THOSE NAMES!

Speaking with DeeKen this afternoon while eating cereal.

Dee: Mom, how do they make cereal?

Me: I don't know Dee how do we make you?

Dee: God made me!

Me: Yes, but how did He get you here?

Dee: Jesus sent me?

Me: How? By plane? By Mail?

Dee: No, not by mail.

Me: How?

Dee: I don't' know.

Me: You know how mommies get big tummies when they are going to have babies?

Dee: No they don't.

Me: Yes they do. The baby is growing inside them. You grew inside me.

Dee: (Looks at my tummy.) That means you were in grandmas tummy.

Me: yep.

Dee: How long ago?

Me: Oh.... thirty one years ago, I would have been in grandma's tummy.

Dee: hmmm.

A little later, after some other talk and me pondering.

Me: How do we get back to Heavenly Father?

Dee: Our heart stops beating.

Me: Oh, like grandpa.

Dee: Yep, like grandpa Ken.

Reminds me of Sunday morning. John and I are laying in bed. Dee comes in.

Dee: Mom, when are we going to see grandpa Ken again?

Me: Not anytime soon.

Dee: When though?

Me: When Jesus comes again.

Dee: When Jesus comes again? When is that?

Me: No man knoweth the hour baby.

Who knew I could wax so philisophical early on a Sunday morning! He seemed to accept the answer and left.

10 comments:

Sonja said...

You are a brave woman for bringing up such questions! ;) Ian and I were having a similar discussion in the car the other day...made me smile to think of the similarities in our kiddos. Soooo...you broach the subject so now one must ask...more babies?! It seemed you were always so set on 4. Are you feeling there are more in your future? Or are you just starting to mourn the baby phase like me? Can you believe how old our "babies" are getting?! It's sad to think there will be no more first steps or words or all that that goes with a baby. They are all just growing TOO fast!

KT said...

I was wondering if this was going to end in your pregnant.
Second thoughts?

TyandMar said...

Kids say the darndest things!
You have such a cute little family Amy...time for #5?! :)

Grandma H said...

I don't remember you have questions or answers like that.
Dad

The Andersons said...

Last summer Cat when missing and then George (our dog) died. I explained to John that Cat and George went to live with Jesus in heaven. A few months ago my beloved saab convertible gave up the ghost - I told John the saab died. He asked if the saab was in heaven with Jesus, George and Cat... I said, ummm, yes it is. A week or so later I had to have the saab towed to a saab mechanic where it was being parted out and John saw the saab and exclaimed, "Jesus answered my prayers! My saab is alive!" He then said, "can Jesus please send back my Cat and George - can we pick them up in this tow truck?"

Melanie said...

Holy cow. What deep conversations you seem to be having. That's nuts! Cute, though. So...when's the next one coming. :)

Ben & Carly said...

your a sweet mommmy Amy, those kids are lucky to have you, and bravo for your answers...I always get stuck on questions like that!

Ben & Carly said...

ha ha thanks Amy, I've luckily got my own perscription man but send John's othoscope my way!

Gmaa said...

Enjoyed looking at your blog so much. You are such an amazing photographer! And I love your writing and the way you express things. The Josie pictures in the following section are so precious.
Love you Amy-girl. Kerry

Veekfam said...

Uh Oh....conversations like this sound dangerous! You would be able to do anything you wanted to though...that's just who you are...and you are a great Mom to top it off!!