If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.--A
“Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” President Benson

Monday

Well done thou good and faithful servant

Jack Kenneth Farr

Sept 4, 1943-Sept 4, 2010

Me: Life is weird right now. I don't want to miss a thing. I don't want to miss Jo's cute smile as she walks away holding her Daddy's hand. I don't want to miss DeeKen tell his daddy with full determination, "I WILL eat it!" We need to be kinder to one another, speak softer, and serve one another more. Life is too precious, it could be gone in a moment.

John: To worry is to doubt God.

Me: It's not doubt, it's grief. It's an awakening.

I will miss my sweet father-in-love so much. He went too quickly. Too unexpectedly, that I still can't quite believe that he is gone. That he won't walk through the door and give me a big hug. Tell me to "Cheer up" as I walk by. Remind my kids that we can all be friends with a quick mention of "buddies of buddies are buddies".

We love him so much, and are grateful for the Gospel plan of eternal families. He may only be a memory now, but we will see him again. He will hug me tight and treat me as one of his own. He will tell me he loves me and give me that Ken Farr smile. Until then, we will celebrate the new adventure he is taking and the place he is preparing for us along side him in heaven.

We love you grandpa!

We love you dad!

13 comments:

Brett and Michelle said...

Amy,
Beautiful words, beautiful pictures. I never realized the resemblance between Johns dad and your kids. That was a beautiful post. We are so sorry for your families loss. Please let us know what we can do for you guys.

we love ya!

Sonja said...

John and Amy~
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a relief to know this is not the end. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around you both (and your whole family) as you go through this time of loss.
Blessings to you all!
Love,
Sonja

Jen said...

So So sorry about your father in law. He WAS way to young to go! I can't believe how much your boys look like him! Glad you are close now to family!

Melanie said...

How sad. I'm sorry.

the splendid life of us... said...

Amy, one of the things I love most about you is the love you have for your family, and the amount of time you take to make sure you are making memories with them. I am so sorry that you all had to lose him for now. I know your testimony of forever families and the gospel so I know that you will be able to see eachother through this. LOVE YOU ALL!

KevDebKlan said...

still thinking about you. Love you all.

Melissa said...

Amy and John,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Melissa

TyandMar said...

Keeping you guys in our prayers. Love you.

Lara said...

What a beautiful post. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like an amazing man. We'd love to help out wherever we can. We'll be thinking about you and keeping your sweet family in our prayers.

The Wright Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear of John's dad's passing. It is so hard to lose a parent. I hope that John's mom and the rest of the family is feeling supported and comforted in the fact that you are a forever family.

Bullard Family said...

Amy,

So sorry to hear about Johns dad. We hope you guys are doing well. Know you are in our thoughts.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Our condolences. We are thinking of you and we pray OHF will watch over you all. We love you very much and our heart is right there with you. The Missouri Hydes

cragun family said...

John and Amy,
So sorry to hear about your dad. My heart goes out to you and your family. Lots of Love!